5.1 Environmental Policy Statement
It is the policy of USystems Limited to integrate environmental management into our day to day business activities and operations. We will manage our activities in a manner that protects the environment, the safety of our staff and public health.
USystems Limited accepts that it has a responsibility to the principles of sustainability and environmental awareness as summarised by the ISO 14001:2004 standard.
USystems Limited recognises the social and economic importance of protecting the environment; that its commitment to this must encompass all activities and that it should be prepared to lead by example in promoting a sensitive, considered attitude to the environment. Our approach to managing our environmental issues is compliant to ISO 14001:2004.
Guided by our policy, we recognise and will exercise our responsibilities to:
- Comply with legal & other requirements to which the business subscribes including the international standard ISO 14001:2004.
- Commit to achieving measurable, continuous improvement through our environmental management programme.
- Prevent pollution by using alternative measures in our facility.
- Provide the appropriate resources including training of staff to ensure they are environmentally responsible.
- Review and set objectives/targets on an annual basis ensuring they are measurable and achievable.
- Monitor performance through the internal audit process.
- Communicate and reinforce this policy throughout the organisation through the use of notice boards, induction training and on-going training.
- Make this policy available to the public.
- Display this policy throughout our business.
APPROVED BY: Zillah Loewe DATE APPROVED: 21/11/2013
POSITION: Head of Operations